Pep Guardiola has explained his decision to drop Joe Hart for Willy Caballero for Manchester City’s opening Premier League fixture against Sunderland.The England international was resigned to the bench against the Black Cats, leading to suggestions he does not have a future at the Etihad Stadium under the Spanish coach.The decision to play Caballero was certainly rewarded, as although the keeper had little to do, City came away from the game with all three points after Paddy McNair’s own goal ensured Guardiola claimed a win on his City debut.If Caballero had been at fault for a City loss, the reaction to Guardiola’s decision would have been much more negative, but the 45-year-old backed his choice to leave Hart on the bench.Guardiola explained: “Willy played really good in pre-season, and he’s experienced and helped us in the build-up. Of course Joe is an amazing goalkeeper, I just decided.“Always in my history at Barcelona and Bayern Munich I played all the squad. I’m not just a guy who just plays with 11 players. Everyone is going to play, and today I decided on these guys.”Barcelona stopper Marc-Andre ter Stegen is reportedly a target for Guardiola as he looks to replace Hart, but the coach revealed that the current City man wants to prove he is good enough to claim back the starting role at the Etihad.When asked if Hart is going to fight for his City future, Guardiola said: “Of course. They are professionals, so they want to fight and they want to play.”
AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREBlues bury Kings early with four first-period goals Ball was supposed to watch the children for their mother, Nicole Wilson, 22, who was starting a new job that day at Toys ‘R’ Us. But Ball remembered she needed to take a court-ordered drug test, so she left the children with Hatton. Hatton said she decided to take the boys with her to McDonald’s, where she could interview for the job and the children could have lunch. According to police, Hatton apparently led the toddler and his 4-year-old brother across the tracks, then went back for a stroller carrying her own infant. The toddler apparently tried to follow her and was struck by the train. “I feel I did my best with two boys, two bikes and a baby to make things work out the only way I could,” Hatton said. Hatton said she’s distraught, but she doesn’t believe she should be treated as a criminal. She said her daughter is in emergency foster care because she can’t pay her $100,000 bail. SAN JOSE – A baby-sitter jailed in the death of a 2-year-old boy struck by a train says the incident was an accident and she’s been unjustly jailed and charged with child endangerment. “If I could have chanced it and beaten the train, I would have darted across to that boy,” Katrina Hatton, 20, told the San Jose Mercury News in a jail interview Friday. “I didn’t do this willfully or intentionally and it was nothing I pre-planned. I was on my way to a job interview and a terrible accident happened.” Hatton moved to San Jose from Georgia about a year ago, after she lost custody of her first child. After the birth of a second child four months ago, she moved in with her best friend, Tiffany Ball, 22, in South San Jose. On Nov. 21, Hatton planned to file papers to get full custody of her daughter and seek a restraining order against the baby’s father. She also had a job interview at McDonald’s. But by chance, she ended up baby-sitting Elijah and Alexander Arriaga. “I’ve already lost my own daughter,” she said. “Do I feel I should do jail time? No.” 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!