Tag: 南京夜生活网

first_imgThe International  Association of Dredging Companies (IADC) will be presenting the IADC Young Author Award 2017 at the CEDA Dredging Days, which will take place on 9-10 November, 2017 at Ahoy Rotterdam, the Netherlands.The IADC Young Author Award is aimed at stimulating the promotion of new ideas and to encourage young people working in the dredging industry and related fields.Each year at selected conferences, IADC grants this award for the best paper written by authors younger than 35 years of age.In 2016, Lucas Silveira, manager of Coastal & Ports Engineering of CB&I, a Brazilian consultancy firm, won the IADC Young Author Award at the PIANC-COPEDEC IX conference in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.It was titled “Integrated Method for the Development of Optimal Channel Dredging Project – Case Study: Terminal Portuário do Mearim”.last_img read more

first_imgLive updates as the Los Angeles Clippers introduce newest team members Kawhi Leonard and Paul George on Wednesday, July 24. Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Errorlast_img

first_imgMuntinlupa, QC trounce MPBL rivals The Lady Bulldogs celebrate after taking the early tournament lead. —AUGUST DELA CRUZNational University arrested a late-game meltdown to take down Ateneo, 25-19, 25-19, 20-25, 12-25, 15-7, and grab the early solo lead in the UAAP Season 80 women’s volleyball tournament on Wednesday at Filoil Flying V Centre.After letting the Lady Eagles swoop down on them in the third and fourth sets, the Lady Bulldogs reestablished their dominance in the deciding fifth behind Jaja Santiago and Jasmine Nabor.ADVERTISEMENT LATEST STORIES UST is coming off a five-set loss to La Salle on opening day, unable to match the composure of the defending champions.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Nonito Donaire vs Naoya Inoue is BWAA 2019 Fight of the Year OSG plea to revoke ABS-CBN franchise ’a duplicitous move’ – Lacson Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew Almazan vows to comeback stronger after finals heartbreak SEA Games 2019: PH’s Kristina Knott zooms to 200m dash gold in record-setting run PLAY LIST 01:08SEA Games 2019: PH’s Kristina Knott zooms to 200m dash gold in record-setting run01:09SEA Games: PH’s Kristina Knott zooms to 200m dash gold in record-setting run00:50Trending Articles02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Newsome sets focus on helping Bolts open new PBA season on right track Steam emission over Taal’s main crater ‘steady’ for past 24 hours Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Michael Porter Jr. stays patient as playing time increases Santiago asserted her dominance over Ateneo with a game-high 26 points, while Nabor—who had 11 points and 29 excellent sets—knocked the Lady Eagles out cold by scoring three straight service aces, the last landing square in the middle of Ateneo’s defense that sealed the win.The Lady Bulldogs remained unbeaten in two games as the Lady Eagles slipped to 0-2, their worst start since opening Season 73 with a 1-1 card.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSTim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crownSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSAfter winning title, time for LA Tenorio to give back to Batangas folkNU looked utterly dominant in the first two sets despite wobbling midway through the second, but coach Babes Castillo said they had a momentary lapse in communication that allowed Ateneo to force a fifth set.“Jasmine had a hard time communicating with her teammates when she was giving out instructions,” Castillo told reporters. “But they quickly fixed it.” OSG plea to revoke ABS-CBN franchise ’a duplicitous move’ – Lacson MOST READ Jiro Manio arrested for stabbing man in Marikina Earlier, University of Santo Tomas picked up its first win after handling University of the East with ease for a 25-17, 25-15, 25-21 decision.Cherry Rondina dropped 20 points and Dimdim Pacres added eight points for the Tigresses, who rebounded from their opening-day loss to defending champion La Salle.“This was a good bounce back win for us after coming from that five-set loss, said UST coach Kung Fu Reyes in Filipino.“We just have to be consistent because in the first two sets we really performed well, but when we got to the third set we kind of relaxed.”UST was on the offensive throughout the game and scored on 40 spikes, 13 more than what UE was able to muster, while also enjoying 26 free points due to the Lady Warriors’ errors.ADVERTISEMENT View commentslast_img read more

first_imgA record $59 million opening day was followed by $51 million on Saturday, a second-day record. The studio estimates $37.7 million in tickets sales for Sunday, which would be a third-day record. The film also sold out at every showing in 84 IMAX theaters where it played – a $4.8 million IMAX record. Final figures will be released later today. Rory Bruer, Sony’s head of domestic distribution, called the opening weekend gross “a crazy, crazy number.” “It’s impossible to get your head around it – doing this kind of business opening on May 4, when kids are still in school,” Bruer said. “You just don’t know where the limit lies. These are things that no one has ever seen before, and it bodes well not only for us, but for the entire industry.” Directed by Sam Raimi, “Spider-Man 3” once again stars Maguire in the title role. Thomas Haden Church as Sandman and Topher Grace as Venom play the villains. Mixed reviews of the film did nothing to deter fans, ranging from children to grandparents. Much has been made of the film’s enormous $250 million-plus production budget, but that expense has already been exceeded by the worldwide box office grosses. Sony set the framework for such an astounding debut by releasing 11,000 prints of the movie into the marketplace. This allowed the record 4,252 theaters it opened in to play the film on multiple screens, making it possible for more fans to get in during the first three days. “Spider-Man 3” spun webs of gold all over the box office record books, snaring a history-making opening weekend gross of $148 million, according to studio estimates Sunday. The latest adventures of Peter Parker and his web-slinging alter ego obliterated the previous record of $135 million set just last summer by “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest.” Combined with overseas ticket sales of $227 million, the Sony Pictures Entertainment release already has a worldwide gross of $375 million, shattering the previous worldwide record of $254 million set by “Star Wars: EpisodeIII – Revenge of the Sith” two years ago. As it officially kicked off its 18-week summer movie season this weekend, this is a powerful sign of strength for a movie industry that was starting to be written off during a record slump just two summers ago. “It means if there’s a movie people want to see, it is a healthy and vibrant business,” said studio head Amy Pascal, who attended a showing Friday night at the Cinerama Dome in Hollywood, where “Spider-Man 3” was introduced by star Tobey Maguire. “People love the movie. They are going crazy. There’s cheering. There’s crying. It’s fantastic. I don’t think I could be any happier than I am right now.” The stupendous weekend for the popular Marvel Comics franchise was especially gratifying for Sony. The second “Pirates of the Caribbean” movie, released by Disney, had snatched away the opening-weekend record from the original “Spider-Man” which had astounded the movie industry in 2002 with a debut of $114.8 million. It was the first time any movie had a $100 million opening weekend. The question now is how much “Spider-Man 3” can ultimately make. It has the playing field pretty much to itself until “Shrek the Third” opens on May 18, to be followed a week later by “Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End.” “Obviously it will race to $200 million,” said box office analyst Paul Dergarabedian, president of Media By Numbers. “It’s a can’t-lose situation for `Spider-Man’ because it opened so enormously and is going to capitalize on this record-breaking weekend. Even if it drops by 50 percent next weekend, it still makes over $70 million. We’ve never seen numbers like this before.” No other movie in the marketplace had much of a chance against Spidey. The Paramount Pictures/Dreamworks release “Disturbia” tossed to a very distant second place after three weeks in the No. 1 spot. Still, “Disturbia” had just a modest drop, as it earned another $5.7 million to bring its four-week gross to $59.8 million just a little more than the opening day of “Spider-Man 3.” A counterprogramming move by Warner Bros. was a spectacular failure as the Eric Bana-Drew Barrymore poker romance flick “Lucky You” opened in sixth place with a miserable gross of $2.5 million. The film’s release had already been delayed by a year. “Obviously, every other movie was standing in the shadows of `Spider-Man,’ which was absolutely expected,” Dergarabedian said. “Now the big guns are on the way, and it’s the beginning of the summer battle. `Spider-Man’ is creating a huge momentum, which is the absolute perfect scenario to start summer 2007.” [email protected] (818) 713-3758 Top movies Estimated ticket sales for Friday through Sunday at U.S. and Canadian theaters, according to Media By Numbers LLC. Final figures will be released today. 1. “Spider-Man 3,” $148 million. 2. “Disturbia,” $5.7 million. 3. “Fracture,” $3.4 million. 4. “The Invisible,” $3.1 million. 5. “Next,” $2.8 million. 6. “Lucky You,” $2.5 million. 7. “Meet the Robinsons,” $2.46 million. 8. “Blades of Glory,” $2.3 million. 9. “Hot Fuzz,” $2.1 million. 10. “Are We Done Yet?”, $1.7 million. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!last_img

first_imgDONEGAL JUNIOR LEAGUEREPORTS SUNDAYBrian Mc Cormick Sports Premier Division Cranford United 0 Glenea United 1Glenea left Cranford with all three points but it was a lucky escape for the title challengers as the winner came against the run of play with just seven minutes remaining. In a tightly contested first half chances were at a premium with Marty McBride and Shaun Mc Elwaine having efforts for Cranford and Kevin Mulhern and Ryan Mc Fadden for Glenea. The second half saw Cranford mostly on the front foot and they were unlucky to have two penalty shouts turned down when Kyle Black and then Philip Buchanan went to ground in the area. Glenea scored the goal which turned out to be the winner in the 83rd minute when a Denis Boyle deflected shot hit the net off the crossbar. Cranford still had time to see a Seamus Friel shot brilliantly tipped over by Joe Coll. Best for Glenea were Joe Coll and Sean Maguire with Seamus Mc Laughlin and Ryan Mc Gonagle best for Cranford. Referee: Joe Mc Hugh.Lifford Celtic 3 Rathmullan Celtic 1Played in heavy conditions, Lifford settled quickest and went one ahead on 5 minutes thanks to a Stuart Carlin volley from 30 yards. Rathmullan cleared from a corner only for the full back to rifle the ball to the bottom corner. Lifford doubled their advantage soon after when Johnny Robb headed to the bottom corner following a cross from Alan Gethins on 15 minutes. As the half wore on Rathmullan got their reward when Oisin Mc Menamin headed home following a goalmouth scramble from a corner kick on the stroke of half time. The second half was a more even affair with both defence’s coming out on top resulting in very few clear cut chances for either team. Dara Patton almost equalised for Rathmullan from point blank range but Lee White was equal to the task. From the resulting kick-out Lifford wrapped up the three points when Mark Neeson was on hand to lob Ian Strain from 20 yards in the 85th minute. Team performances from both sides in what was a spirited game played in poor conditions.Curragh Athletic 3 Gweedore Celtic 1Curragh gained their first points of the season thanks to a very good performance and three well taken goals from Dan O Brien (2) and Shane Barclay. Playing against Gaeltacht club Gweedore Celtic, the home team deserved their victory and although they had to defend in numbers in the last ten minutes, they fully deserved the victory. The first half saw both keepers keep out certain goals, with Mickey Mc Kelvey tipping over a thunderbolt from Marcus Oliver before Roy Duffy produced the save of the match palming a point blank header against the bar. On thirty one minutes Shane Barclay shot wide as Curragh began to dominate and they deservedly went in front when forward Dan O’ Brien was put through on goal by Marcus Oliver and his delightful chip beat keeper Mickey Mc Kelvey to put Curragh one up at the break. The second half continued well for Curragh who then doubled their lead on forty nine minutes when Shane Barclay produced a brilliant individual goal beating three players before also chipping the ball over the advancing Mc Kelvey. Both teams then played some good football with Gweedore always looking to push forward and Curragh looking dangerous on the break. The Gaeltacht team did pull a goal back following a corner with Kieran Ferry netting on sixty five minutes but Dan O’ Brien wrapped up all three points on eighty one minutes when he rounded the keeper and scored from a very tight angle. Best for Curragh were Roy Duffy, Mickey O Brien, Neil Lloyd, Alan Boal and Dan O’ Brien along with youngsters Justin Mc Bride and Dillon Irwin. Best for Gweedore Celtic were Kieran Ferry and Mickey Mc Kelvey. Referee: Marty QuinnDonegal Town 2 Kilmacrennan Celtic 2It was honours even at the Hospital Field as Donegal Town and Kilmacrennan Celtic played out an entertaining two all draw. The first half was a quiet affair with both sides cancelling each other out and there were very little in the way of clear cut chances. The game sprang to life in the last half hour when Benny Byrne put the home side in front, finishing from close range. Kilmacrennan responded well and got an equaliser when Steven Mc Elwaine slotted the ball home. The home side then pressed in search of a winning goal and an excellent strike from Clint Walsh looked like it had sealed the three points for the home side. Kilmacrennan had different ideas and ensured they left with a point when Michael McLaughlin slipped through the defence to slot the ball under the town ‘keeper Dermot Mc Cafferty. Both sides pushed for a winner late on but the game ended all square. Good team performances from both sides. Milford United 1 St. Catherines 4Milford were beat by a harder working St. Catherines’ team who scored at vital times . The visitors took the lead on twenty minutes through Shane Molloy and Jamie Heaney equalised a minute later driving home a ball from a corner. The Killybegs men took the lead on the stroke of half time with a well worked team goal. Milford had a great chance on 60 minutes when Joey Cullen shot wide at back post and St. Catherines went up the field on the break an Daniel Breslin tapped home for a three one lead. Milford pushed to get back in to game but never created any clear cut chances. Killybegs scored a fourth in the final minutes through O’ Rourke.. Best for St. Catherines were Shane Molloy and Daniel Breslin. Best for Milford were Caolan Mc Gettigan, PJ Hagan and Pauric FerryWatson Hire Division OneBonagee United 1 Gweedore United 1 Mark Hunter came close on seven minutes for the home side, after a good through ball from Garry Patton, but his strike went just wide of the post. Bonagee took the lead on twelve minutes when Noel O’ Donnell fired home from ten yards after a Reece short cross from the left. Paul Doohan had a free kick from twenty five yards well saved by Carr in the home goal. Owen Doohan came close for the visitors on thirty five minutes but his header from six yards went over the crossbar. Gweedore started the second have a lot sharper and efforts from Michael Connolly and Ken Sweeney were just wide of the home goal. Gweedore levelled the match on fifty seven minutes when a free kick from twenty five yards from James Boyle found the top right corner of the net. Both teams had chances, for Coyle and Short for the home team and Michael Connelly and Ciaran Mc Fadden for the visitors. Both defences cancelled each other out and a draw on the day was a fair result. Referee: Kevin Logue.Kerrykeel ’71 F.C. 5 Keadue Rovers 0The ‘71 got back to winning ways with a good win over a young Keadue side, the score-line not reflecting a good performance from the Dungloe men. Kerrykeel started well with Paddy Mc Grenaghan and Cathal Martin doing well in midfield and their first chance fell to Niall Doherty but his effort was well saved by Donal Boyle. Keadue had a goal ruled out for off-side on ten minutes and again went close on eighteen minutes with Ryan Green’s effort going wide. The ‘71 went in front on thirty five minutes when a great Aidan Mc Ateer cross was met by Johnny Nanny and he fired home from eighteen yards.Kerrykeel had a great start to the second half when Seimie Coshia Friel found room in the box and cooly shot home. The points were made safe on fifty eight minutes when Paddy Mc Grenaghan played in Niall Doherty and he brilliantly rounded the keeper and hit the bottom corner. Keadue, to their credit, never stopped but found Marty Mc Ateer, Patrick Mc Conigley and Aidan Mc Ateer a hindrance in defence. Paddy Mc Grenaghan made it four on seventy five minutes, this time Mark Friel set him up and he drove home from ten yards. Mark Friel rounded off the scoring on eighty eight minutes when he broke clear down the right and beat two defenders before striking from ten yards to beat Boyle. A good win for the ‘71 which keeps them in the promotion race.Best for Kerrykeel ‘71: Cathal Martin, Seimie Friel, Patrick Mc ConigleyBest for Keadue: Ryan GreenReferee: Victor RaineyLagan Harps 2 Castlefin Celtic 3Lagan will wonder how they came away with no points from a game they dominated for long periods. They started strongly but passed up some great chances early on. Austin Mallon went closest but young Anthony O’Hagan pushed it round the post. They paid for this when Castlefin took the lead on twenty five minutes. PJ Mc Menamin scored with a freekick from thirty yards. They doubled their lead when they were awarded a penalty on thirty eight minutes. Ronan Tourish converting the kick. Lagan got a lifeline when Ruairi Crawford’s cross was turned in by a Castlefin defender. Lagan pressed for most of the second half but between good defending and poor finishing they couldn’t get the equaliser. Castlefin grabbed a third on eighty five minutes when Ronan Tourish pounced to score from close range. Lagan grabbed a second when they were awarded a penalty and Eunan Diver converted. Despite a late flurry Castlefin held on for three hard won points. Best for Lagan were Ronan Lennon, Ruairi Crawford, Oisin Kelly and Eunan Diver. For Castlefin Aaron and Anthony O’Hagan, Ronan Tourish and Simon Mc Glinchey did well. Referee: Ed Moore.Dunkineely Celtic 2 Drumoghill F.C. 4Played in perfect conditions at Darney Park this was a very competitive and entertaining contest. Dunkineely had the first strike on goal in the opening minute when Cian Kennedy shot narrowly wide following a long throw. Liam O’ Donnell had Drumoghill’s fist effort on 10 minutes which was just over the bar. Drumoghill took the lead on 28 minutes when Kevin Kelly scored with a direct free kick from the edge of the box. Dunkineely’s reply was instant. From the kick off they forced a corner and in the resulting scramble the referee awarded a penalty for a foul on Martin Cunningham. Adrian Nesbitt scored the penalty. Drumoghill continued to press and had a shot cleared off the line by Declan Murrin. On 40 minutes they drew level when they were awarded a penalty. The keeper saved the first attempt, but the referee ordered it to be retaken for encroachment by Dunkineely. Liam O’ Donnell scored at the second attempt but once again the referee ordered it to be retaken for encroachment by Drumoghill. Liam O’ Donnell put the third attempt away to level the score.The second half was a close affair with both sides having half chances without really testing either keeper. Drumoghill took the lead on 75 minutes. With the home team expecting a whistle for a foul Damien Crossan fired in a long range shot which flew into the top corner. They scored their fourth to seal the victory on 78 minutes when David O’ Connell headed home a free.Referee: Martin Mc AnnenyEany Celtic 0 Cappry Rovers 7Cappry Rovers secured all three points at Eany Park but it wasn’t till early in the second half that a fortunate goal from Dylan Ramsey got them on the scoresheet. The first half ended 0-0 with Cappry dominant but a defiant Eany also had chances fall to Pauric McHugh and Barry Rose. Following Ramsey’s goal in the 50th minute further goals in a twenty minute spell from Brian Lafferty, Dylan Ramsey and Michael Lafferty saw the visitors break Eany’s resolve. It wasn’t till late on in the game that the other goals from Mark Griffin and Kyle Lafferty completed the Cappry performance. Team performances from both sides. Referee: Marty Mc GarrigleCT Ball Division TwoCopany Rovers 2 Deele Harps 1Copany Rovers entertained Deele Harps at Ballykillone Park for what proved to be a closely contested game. Copany opened the scoring in the 28th minute with a good passing move up the right wing which found its way to Glenn Harron who neatly slotted it home. David Graham made it two nil in the 37th minute. It remained like that until half time. Deele Harps started the second half strongly. Their pressure paid off when they were awarded a free kick on the edge of the box which Darragh Kelly slotted home via a deflection. Copany started to up their game and were unlucky on numerous occasions, hitting the woodwork twice. The game ended in a well deserved win for Copany Rovers. Good team performances from both sides.Letterbarrow Celtic 1 Ballybofey United 1Letterbarrow Celtic came from behind to claim a share of the spoils from their home match with Ballybofey United on Sunday afternoon at Tymeen. The Twin Towns outfit took the lead on fifteen minutes when David White scored. After that both sides had numerous chances but neither could add to the score-board. Letterbarrow got their equaliser ten minutes into the second half when Paul Murrin registered and that completed the scoring in this CT Ball Division Two match. A minutes silence was impeccably observed before the match in memory of Kara Mc Cole. Referee: Seamus Mc GroaryRaphoe Town 2 Dunlewy Celtic 1It took Raphoe a while to get into this game as the first 25 minutes went by without any goal mouth action. Raphoe sprung to life when a fine move involving David Craig and Jamie Gallagher who set up Gavin Mc Brearty to slot home with a fine finish. Raphoe stayed on top after this and went two up just after half time when Jamie Gallagher was on hand to slam home a rebound after a fine effort from Seamus Bogle was saved by the Dunlewey keeper. Raphoe should have made it three but Gallagher and Craig where both denied by some last ditch defending but credit to the away side they kept going and got a goal back after a great run by Mc Geady, beating four men and finishing well. Raphoe had to withstand some late pressure but held out and claimed a vital win. Stephen Craig, Seamus Bogle and Finbar Allen were best for Raphoe and a good team effort from a determined Dunlewy.Whitestrand United 2 Convoy Arsenal 1On a cold fresh day Whitestrand United took on Convoy Arsenal at Whitestrand Park. The match started with both teams being evenly matched and not many chances coming for either team. As the match progressed Convoy began to take control of the game and Whitestrand were second best for large parts of the early stages. The Whitestrand keeper kept his team in it with two superb saves as Convoy pressed for the opening goal. Then against the run of play Anthony Fisher seized upon a hopeful ball forward and he squared it to Paul Lynch who struck for goal. The Convoy keeper saved but was unable to keep out Michael Sweeney’s rebound conversion. That goal came against the run of play but it spurred “The Strand” on to score a second when James Gallagher hit a cross come shot which crossed the line in the 36th minute. The game was stop start as the referee gave a lot of free’s. This led to Convoy getting a goal back when Luke Harkin’s free found the bottom corner on 38 minutes. The referee then blew for half time with the game poised at 2-1.The second half was quite bad tempered with a few yellow cards and again a lot of free kicks. The game was much more evenly balanced with Michael Sweeney in particular having a few chances, which were saved by the Convoy keeper. Sean Gallagher hit a good strike from range, which went narrowly over the bar. As the match wore on Whitestrand seemed content to hold on for the victory, which was exactly what happened as late Convoy pressure led to nothing and the game ended 2-1. Best for the Whitestrand were Eamon Martin and Sean McFadden and it was a good overall team performance from Convoy.Glenree United 4 Drumbar F.C. 2On a bitterly cold but day on the banks of Sheephaven Bay it was JJ Mc Gettigan’s Red Shirts of Glenree who finished off a hard battle in style. The visitors got off to a good start when Brogan, their number ten, shot on goal and a Glenree defender deflected the ball to wrong foot his keeper on 10 minutes. Glenree responded positively with great work from Paul Coyle to assist Andrew Kelly who scored on 12 minutes. The visitors seemed to have the rub of the green on the day and Brogan again notched, this time a good effort top corner.And so the half finished with Drumbar having the advantage.A more positive approach to the game from United in the second half saw them equalise on 46 minutes through Paul Coyle. Then a masterclass of a dead ball free kick from Danny Langan saw the ball hit top corner. The final minutes were played out cagey enough and it was Danny Langan again who scored from an acute angle to tie up the affair.A good battling performance from Drumbar with John Cunningham and Danny Langan having a good game for the Carrigart men. Referee: Gerry RoddenDONEGAL JUNIOR LEAGUEREPORTSSATURDAYDowntown CupDonegal Town Reserves 3 Curragh Athletic Reserves 1Donegal finished off their Downtown Cup campaign with a 3-1victory over a Curragh Athletic. In a game played at a frantic pace it was Curragh who played the better football and created some good scoring chances in the opening stages. Donegal then settled into the game and took the lead when Joe Lafferty powered home a Ciaran O’Reilly corner. Donegal doubled their lead on the stroke of half time when Alex Mc Nelis pounced on confusion in the Curragh defence to put the home side two up at the break.Donegal came out strong for the second half and dominated the early stages with David Bustard and Paul Gerard Duncan both going close. Curragh remained a threat but where thwarted by some last ditch Donegal defending. The victory was sealed with twenty minutes left on the clock when Ciaran McGinley got the goal his performance deserved, running through to round the ‘keeper and slot the ball home. Curragh kept playing away and got a consolation goal when Dan O’Brien finished well inside the area. An entertaining game overall with good team displays from both sides.Erne Wanderers 2 Glencar Celtic 3Erne Wanderers hosted Glencar Celtic in this “Winner Take All” encounter in the Downtown Cup on Saturday. It was the visitors who came out on top in a very entertaining game which saw a host of chances for both teams. Erne got off to the perfect start and scored after only two minutes when Diarmuid Spratt found the net after a centre from Alan Russell fell to his feet, via a miscued effort from Michael McNeely, and he blasted into the roof of the net. Celtic levelled on twenty minutes when Pajo Rafferty broke into the box and went down under a rash challenge from Cassidy. Rafferty finished the penalty straight down the middle. Wanderers took the lead again on thirty minutes when Spratt broke the offside trap and rounded the keeper and centred for David Dolan to find the bottom corner from ten yards. Erne were now on top and had another three good chances to extend their lead but to no avail. At the other end Pajo was keeping the Erne backline on their toes and created three or four good chances that went abegging. The second half started with Glencar fast out of the blocks and they hit the post inside a minute. With Spratt causing problems for the Celtic defence Erne were still a threat on the counter attack and had two or three half chances but no end product. Glencar thought they levelled on the hour mark but it was ruled out for a marginal offside. The leveller came on seventy minutes when Erne went to sleep from a throw in and the centre was tapped in at the back post by Pajo from two yards. Erne pushed hard for a winner in the last quarter but Glencar were a serious threat on the break and thats what happened on eighty four minutes when an Erne shot from the edge of the box was blocked and the ball fell to a grey shirt and a long ball over the top found Pajo who raced clear and found the top corner from twenty yards with a left foot drive. This floored Wanderers and although they threw everything at Celtic in the last few minutes Celtic held firm. A great game between two fully committed teams with both teams looking like scoring every time they attacked. Best for Erne were Spratt and O’ Brien in nets with Pajo Rafferty the pick of the visitors. Referee: Andrew Mullin.Tullyvinney Rovers 2 Ramelton Mariners 2This Group B match pitted two teams together who have struggled to find any form in this season’s Cup competition. With both sides having lost their opening three matches in the group it was a credit to the players who played out an entertaining encounter. At the end a draw was probably a fair result and it means that neither side have finished the group stage without registering a point on the table. No doubt both sides will have better fortunes in the League.Referee: Barry HunterOrchard F.C. 3 Glenree United Reserves 3Orchard F.C. took the lead fifteen minutes into this game when Martin Sweeney chased down a back pass to the Glenree keeper, nicking it off him and scored easily. Five minutes later Orchard had a man sent off for an off the ball tangle in the Glenree eighteen yard box. Orchard went two up when Joe Mc Carron sent a through ball to Niall Bonner who slotted home.Glenree came out all guns blazing for the second half. They scored after ten minutes to reduce the deficit. They then equalised from the penalty spot to set up an interesting finish. With the momentum favouring the visitors they grabbed a lead goal with fifteen minutes remaining.Orchard looked to have slipped up but a great cross from Eddy Moore was finished off by Sean Sweeney to see the match finish in a draw.Mulroy Celtic 0 Gweedore United Reserves 2Gweedore United Reserves moved into third position in Group C of the Downtown Cup with this hard fought victory over Mulroy Celtic on Saturday. This match was played in near perfect conditions and both sides gave good accounts of themselves. The home side had numerous chances to score but they found the final ball elusive and failed to really test the visiting ‘keeper. Gweedore had Sean Paul Mc Mahon to thank as the hit-man weighed in with two goals to give his side the points. Best for Mulroy Celtic: Dougie and Barney. Best for Gweedore United Reserves: Sean Paul Mc Mahon. Referee: Charlie Crerand.Glencar Inn Saturday Division TwoArranmore United 2 Cranford United Reserves 0Arranmore took the points at home to Cranford United Reserves as they won by two goals to nil.Arranmore began well and were keeping possession with ease but with no cutting edge. Danny Rodgers went close from a corner as did Gavin Mc Glanaghy. The breakthrough came with thirty six minutes gone when Gavin Mc Glanaghy did brilliantly to turn in the box and his legs were taken from under him. Daniel O’ Donnell stepped up and placed the ball into the bottom corner.Cranford started the 2nd half the brighter going close from a long ball which was flicked on but their number 9 failed to connect from six yards.. Again the Cranford number 9 fired over when he found himself in front if goal. Danny Rodgers, Doalty Boyle and Gavin Mc Glanaghy all went close before great play between Daniel O’ Donnell and Mark Ward resulted in a through ball to Jamak, who had just come off the bench. He in turn squared for Chris Mc Glanaghy to finish into the bottom corner. Michael Mc Hugh and Gerard Diver were best for the home sideTeam performance from Cranford. Referee: Martin CollKeadue Rovers Reserves 5 Strand Rovers 2Keadue Rovers came out on top in this local derby played at Central Park on Saturday. Played in good conditions for the time of year it was the home side who started the brighter and created a number of half chances. Keadue took the lead on nine minutes when Damien Hanlon’s flicked header from a corner was flicked to the net by Ryan Greene. After that the home side were well in control producing a number of chances which fell to David Ward and also to Shaun “Yank” Boyle whose effort went off both posts but somehow stayed out. On twenty minutes Strand had their first effort on target, a good effort from Brendan Glackin which was well saved by Chris Mc Gonagle in the home nets. On twenty five minutes Keadue went two up when Ryan Greene grabbed his second from close range. Strand came more into it in the latter part of the first half and gained most possession while the home side were content to hit on the break. The second half started with Keadue to the fore. They created some good chances in the opening ten minutes with Ryan Greene and Luke Neely both going close. In the sixty fourth minute Ryan Greene completed his hat-trick by heading home from a corner. Strand made a few substitutions after this and one of them, Tommy Brennan, turned well on the edge of the area and from his shot which was saved, Brendan Glackin poked home the rebound. They gained confidence from this goal and started playing better. Keadue made the game safe on seventy five minutes when Shaun “Yank” Boyle scored. Strand kept battling and on seventy nine minutes they got their second. Chris Mc Gonagle and Tommy Brennan competed for a ball that ran loose to Brendan Glackin who got his and Strand’s second. Keadue completed the scoring in the eighty second minute when Ryan Greene ran onto a through ball and finished well under the keeper. Strand kept going and finished well forcing a few corners but they failed to trouble the home defence. A good victory for Keadue who move up the table and a decent performance from Strand.Best for Keadue were Adam Neely and Ryan Greene who capped a great display with 4 goals. Best for Strand were Adrian McGeehan and Brendan Glackin.Referee: Brian O’ Kane.DONEGAL JUNIOR LEAGUERESULTSSATURDAYDowntown CupDonegal Town Reserves 3 v 1 Curragh Athletic ReservesErne Wanderers 2 v 3 Glencar CelticTullyvinney Rovers 2 v 2 Ramelton MarinersOrchard F.C. 3 v 3 Glenree United ReservesMulroy Celtic 0 v 2 Gweedore United ReservesGlencar Inn Saturday Division TwoArranmore United 2 v 0 Cranford United ReservesKeadue Rovers Reserves 5 v 2 Strand RoversSUNDAYBrian Mc Cormick Sports Premier DivisionCranford United 0 v 1 Glenea UnitedLifford Celtic 3 v 1 Rathmullan CelticCurragh Athletic 3 v 1 Gweedore CelticDonegal Town 2 v 2 Kilmacrennan CelticMilford United 1 v 4 St. CatherinesWatson Hire Division OneBonagee United 1 v 1 Gweedore UnitedKerrykeel ’71 F.C. 5 v 0 Keadue RoversLagan Harps 2 v 3 Castlefin CelticDunkineely Celtic 2 v 4 Drumoghill F.C.Eany Celtic 0 v 7 Cappry RoversCT Ball Division TwoCopany Rovers 2 v 1 Deele HarpsLetterbarrow Celtic 1 v 1 Ballybofey UnitedRaphoe Town 2 v 1 Dunlewy CelticWhitestrand United 2 v 1 Convoy ArsenalGlenree United 4 v 2 Drumbar F.C.DONEGAL JUNIOR LEAGUEFIXTURESSATURDAY 25-01-2014 K.O. 2 p.m. (Unless Stated)Old Orchard Saturday Division OneGlenea United Reserves v Castlefin Celtic ReservesSt. Catherines Reserves v Fintown Harps AFCErne Wanderers v Mulroy CelticOrchard F.C. v Ramelton MarinersGlencar Inn Saturday Division TwoArranmore United v Glenree United Reserves (K.O. 1 p.m.)Donegal Town Reserves v Milford United ReservesSUNDAY 26-01-2014Ulster Junior Cup K.O. 1.30 p.m.Gweedore Celtic v Redcastle F.C.Milford United v Carndonagh F.C.Dunree United v Lifford CelticClonmany Shamrocks v Cranford UnitedGweedore United v Rathmullan CelticMoville Celtic v St. CatherinesGweedore United Reserves v Aileach F.C.Cockhill Celtic Youths v Whitestrand UnitedDrumbar Celtic v Moville CelticRaphoe Town v Cockhill Celtic YouthsWatson Hire Division One K.O. 2p.m. (Unless Stated)Cappry Rovers v Bonagee UnitedDrumoghill F.C. v Eany CelticCastlefin Celtic v Dunkineely CelticKerrykeel ’71 F.C. v Lagan HarpsDONEGAL LEAGUE – ALL THE REPORTS, RESULTS AND FIXTURES was last modified: January 19th, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:Donegal Leaguelast_img read more

first_imgRelated Posts A Web Developer’s New Best Friend is the AI Wai… One of the world’s most revered cultures and religious histories has been threatened with death and extinction in Tibet for decades at the hands of the authoritarian Chinese government; Groupon’s Super Bowl advertisement about Tibet (below) was based on a joke drastically reducing the seriousness of that suffering. Not all hope is lost, the ad says, because at least there are still refugees that will cook discounted food for White people! Many people on Twitter reacted very negatively to the ad. This is my best explanation why it was offensive. Not everyone agrees – we’ve got a debate going in comments below which we invite you to participate in.The joke was intended to be absurd, but the absurdity presumed a lack of seriousness in the whole matter. It was an attempt at post-serious humor – but most people with common sense agree that the struggles of Tibet still deserve respect and seriousness. The joke is on anyone who really cares. It came across as the kind of out-of-touch humor that overprivileged, spiritually mean, advertising industry creatives (specifically, the kind that kids refer to as “douchebags”) would come up with. That’s one explanation why the commercial was offensive, but view it below and offer your own if you like. Another perspective: As Rabbi Eliyahu Fink said on Twitter tonight, “Amazing. More people are offended by Groupon’s ads than the coarse objectification of women in EVERY SINGLE OTHER AD!” marshall kirkpatrick 8 Best WordPress Hosting Solutions on the Market Why Tech Companies Need Simpler Terms of Servic… Top Reasons to Go With Managed WordPress Hosting As the industry blog PaidContent says, Super Bowl XLV: The People Of Groupon Are In Trouble. The Groupon ad was created by well-known advertising firm Crispin Porter & Bogusky, makers of the Subservient Chicken ad for Burger King, and others. There’s a line between “wacky” on one side and stupid on the other. Sometimes, in today’s cultural climate, it’s hard to tell one side from another. Sometimes it’s not so hard. The rise of non-traditional voices in the media, thanks to the proliferation of social media publishing tools (along with other factors), has caused some people to be confused about whether or not basic human decency remains important. E.g. “Anyone can be media now, so media can say anything!” Maybe they never really got it in the first place. Groupon ran a number of ads tonight and the website for the campaign includes calls to donate to charities related to the issues parodied. Groupon was born as a website called The Point, which let people vote on non-profit issues that needed attention – but has since become an email coupon service that some have said is now the fastest-growing business in history. Tags:#Analysis#web last_img read more

Recent Comments