Chelsea defender Gary Cahill is not enjoying his time as a squad player under new manager Maurizio Sarri and is considering leaving the Premier League club in January.The centre back has not played under Sarri after he took over from Antonio Conte at the start of the season and is now contemplating his future after growing frustrated with the lack of playing time.”As it is now, I’m not really enjoying things. Having been a big part of things for seven years and played a huge part, not just a squad player, I’m definitely finding it difficult this year to deal with that situation,” he told British media.”I don’t want to jump the gun, but as things stand at this time, probably, yes. I’m not a guy who is willing to accept not playing. It’s all about playing.”Your career’s short enough as it is. I’ve got maximum respect for everybody here at the football club, for the fans and all the players. But sometimes you have to make tough decisions to keep your career going forward,” he added, when asked about leaving the club in January.Cahill, who won two Premier League titles, the Champions League and the FA Cup since joining Chelsea in 2012, is out of contract at the end of the season but he is hoping that Chelsea will let him leave in January itself.Chelsea let goalkeeper Petr Cech move to direct rivals Arsenal three years ago, taking into account his years of service and desire for first-team opportunities, and Cahill is hoping for something similar.advertisement”I think with Pete they saw he wasn’t getting the game time he would have liked and they rewarded his professionalism and his attitude by letting him go and get first-team football,” Cahill added.”He could easily have played any moment. He just wanted to… continue playing week-in, week-out. That’s why I used that as an example. I feel I’m in a similar situation.”Chelsea travel to West Ham United in the Premier League on Sunday.(With inputs from Reuters)
London: Social networking giants Facebook, Instagram and YouTube are set to face heavy fines in Britain for failing to filter out harmful content on their platforms, the media reported. As part of the government’s plan, Britain’s broadcasting watchdog Ofcom would be given new legal powers to monitor, investigate and fine social platforms for sharing or live-streaming “harmful” videos, including pornography, violence and child abuse, the Telegraph reported on Sunday. Also Read – Swiggy now in 500 Indian cities, targets 100 more this year With the new powers, the broadcast watchdog of the UK would be able to issue fines of 250,000 pounds (around $300,000) or an amount worth up to five per cent of the company’s revenue, if the sites fail to establish strict age verification checks and parental controls to safeguard kids from exposure to harmful videos. If the tech giants fail to comply with enforcement measures, the Ofcom would have the authority to “suspend” or “restrict” the tech giants’ services in the UK, The Sun reported on Monday, citing the Telegraph. Also Read – New HP Pavilion x360 notebook with in-built Alexa in India Reports about this new crackdown is seen as an interim measure and comes ahead of the UK government’s White Paper plans for a statutory duty of care to combat online harms, the report said. Over the last couple of years, several cases of teen suicides, supposedly encouraged by provocative content or trolling on social networking platforms have come to light. Earlier this year, Facebook also received heavy backlash after video of the terrorist attack on Christchurch mosque in New Zealand was live-streamed. Using “appropriate information gathering” powers, regulator ofcom may order sites like Facebook or Youtube to hand over data or algorithms which many say drive content to vulnerable children, the report added.